Thursday, October 5, 2017

The Commodore 64 mini is coming soon!



First thing I want to cover is the announcement of the Commodore 64 Mini coming in 2018.
Launched in 1982, the Commodore 64, or as most call it, the C64. Was a hugely successful home computer in the 1980s.
Millions of units were sold across the world and it was a favorite among computer, gaming, and BBS enthusiasts back in the day.
Well… At least until the post ATARI console gaming craze began in 1985 with a little console called the Nintendo Entertainment System.
But, I digress.. The c64 system will be about 50% smaller than the size of the original, according to thec64.com and will cost a mere $70.00.
This new console computer will feature high-deffinition HDMI output, a classic style joystick and 64 built-in games including classics like Uridium, Paradroid, Hawkeye, Nebulus and Monty Mole.
It will also feature 2 USB ports, so you can plug in 2 joysticks or even a keyboard and use it as a computer system for programming or playing with the OS.
I'm very interested in the system, since I heard so much about it growing up. I never owned one myself, since I had the famous TANDY 1000 EX at the time.
Which in my opinion was the holy grail of computers for the time.. But we'll talk about that on another episode.
But, what do you all think? Did you own a c64 growing up, and if so, are you looking at buying this mini, or even waiting on the full size version to come out?
I'd like to know what you think - lets talk more about it in the comments down below.

And next, lets switch over to some retro movie news!
According to Variety.com. The 1986 classic, Flight of the Navigator is being reboot.
This movie is about a 12 year old boy named David, who disappears in 1978 and travels 8 years into the future after an interesting adventure with a wisecracking alien ship.
Although this movie was one I did like as a kid, it's definitely not one I'd say is off limits to a reboot.
The movie first came out in 1986, and although it had a descent turnout in its first weekend, making about 3 million, It only made 18 million in total at the Box office.
Which isn't exactly bad, but its not something id write home about. But still - I hope the reboot does better than the original.
And next, I wanted to let you STRANGER THINGS fans know that they made a cool mobile game that you can pick up on both Android and Apple iOS phones.
The game is great fun, and if you liked the early adventure titles like Legends of Zelda, you will like this game as well.
The first chapter is titled "The Lost Boys" and takes you into Hawkins National Laboratory, where you tackle puzzles and enemies with Hopper's power punch
You'll get a chance to play as multiple characters from the show, including Lucas and Nancy. Ill link to the article on the game in the description down below.
And Next up is the RETRO FLASH! Where I cover the news we didn’t quite get to.
And first on the list is that Tom Petty just Passed away at the age of 66 years old.

He will be remembered for famous songs like Mary Jane, Don’t Come Around Here No More, and my favorite Free Falling.
66 is just too young to die, and my heart goes out to his family.
Then, last thing is that OJ Simpson is now out of jail.
Apparently, the first thing he did when released is to hit up the local McDonalds for not 1 but 2 #4.
Shoot - All I know is that a #4 will make you go liquid #2.
Just sayin.
And I hear he is now living it up in a swanky 5000 sqft home on a Las Vegas Golf Course.

I'm not sure what Mr Juice's future plans are, but like ive said in the past - Stay outta trouble man, and live long and prosper or something.
So that’s where were ending todays show. If you liked this video, please don’t forget to subscribe to the channel so you don’t miss out on the current Nostalgia News every week.

I Hope you enjoyed the show and I'll see you in the next video!
Thanks for watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment