Thursday, June 29, 2017

My Little Pony Trailer Thoughts | Sony Vinyl Records Are Back



Looks like My Little Pony is finally getting the Big Screen treatment, and after watching the trailer, I have to say I was actually a bit impressed. Now, for the record, Im not a MLP fan, but this trailer definitely brought out my inner Brony. The trailer looks pretty good, and well just see for yourself.
OK, so I grew up around the time and popularity of My Little Pony. Probably only caught a few episodes in all these many years, but I've been around since its beginnings, and let me say - Old School Pony fans have nothing on this new breed of Bronys and Pegasisters. Theres a huge fandom out there and its not just kids anymore!
But, with that said, I'll probably take my daughter out to see it when it comes out.. Unless she doesn’t want to go.. In which, ill have to go by myself. Not a Brony. Just sayin'. But anyways, if your excited to see the movie, tell me why down below. Im curious to know why the PONY's are so popular.
And the next thing I want to talk about is that Vinyl records evidently are so popular again that SONY just announced this week that they are going to be bringing them back!
Sony Music stopped making Vinyl records way back in 1989, which ushered in the cassette tape, Compact Disk, MP3 and now we have streaming services.
But somehow, Vinyl records were able to weather the 28 year storm and make a music comeback. In fact, Vinyl record sales have been skyrocketing in the last few years and in 2016 alone, vinyl accounted for 3.6 percent of global music revenue. And according to CNN Money, it could capture more than 17% this year!
Right now, the real thing holding back the boom of the Vinyl industry is the lack of factories to produce the age old media format. Currently, there are only 16 operational presses in the US and most of these are overloaded with demand.
And probably the biggest question is why now? Why buy Vinyl? Well, one theory is that the hipsters started a trend when they were trying to step into the eclectic and niche world of LP's which led to its popularity.
Another theory is that with the boom of streaming media, many people have been exposed to music they otherwise may never have heard, and wanted to experience that olden day hiss and pop sound that you can only get with physical vinyl records. Also, it also draws in the listener with a physical connection to the music.
One things for sure - its back and its going to be here for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment